Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another day, another cash.

First of all: congratulations to Chris Fargis, who made the money at the Borgata Winter Open. I know he was hoping to go deeper in the tournament, but it was still a good showing.

On to my not-so-high stakes play: last night I just played a single 180 SnG. Managed to get away from Q-Q post-flop when it turned out I was up against A-A and A-Q suited (diamonds, with two diamonds on the flop), which was fortunate. A-Q ended up rivering the flush, and was one of two times during the tournament that I witnessed A-A going down.

Near the bubble things were looking dicey, but then I managed to get all my money in a blinds war after the flop when we both had TP but I had my opponent out-kicked. Unfortunately the board paired and we split the pot; that would have put me in good shape going into the money. Right on the bubble I was in dire straits, but was lucky enough to hit a gutshot straight draw to propel me into the money. I ended up busting in 16th when I got all my money in with A-Q against A-7 suited, A-7 flopping two pair and a Q refusing to hit on the turn or river. But hey, it's another cash, right? I've put up a little table on the right as a record of my 180 SnG results which I will try and keep updated at least for my own edification.

As a final note: Wil's weekly tournament is on tonight at PokerStars, 8:30pm EST. Hope to see you there, unless work decides to crush my spirit (again).

UPDATE: Work is indeed crushing my spirit. But I am determined to make it home in time to play.

2 Comments:

  • So I am not the only one left out of Wil's tournament.

    Your stats still look good on the 180's. And you made the money again, so heading the right direction.

    Good luck to ya.

    By Blogger Veneno, at 10:58 PM  

  • Actually, I was in and out of Wil's tournament. I'll throw up a post about it.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home