Friday, January 27, 2006

Weekend Action.

Ah, to be free of (most of) my sleep debt is a wonderful thing. So depending on what I get up to this evening (getting my drink on in some form or other) and Saturday night (uh... probably getting my drink on again in some form or another), I should be set for some weekend pokering.

Here are a few aims for the weekend:

1) To try and satellite into the PokerStars 700k Guaranteed on Sunday (especially since there is no football). The kind of satellite I usually favour is the "10% of entrants" get in, as opposed to the one table satellite. The only thing is I had a gander this morning, and the "10%" variety of satellite seems to be $50+ which seems a little steep to satellite into a $215 buyin tournament.

2) To have a tilt at some more 180 SnGs on Stars. Let's face it - since going nuts in my first few of these, I have been strangely tardy in playing more of them. I think my current stats are: 6 attempts, 3 cashes, 3 final tables, 0 wins. I'm trying to remember to record my finishes etc. in these, though I think I forgot to do so for my last shot at it. Funnily enough, this may be because I didn't cash.

3) Play some more PLO8 on the cash tables on Stars and FullTilt. I'm still working off a bonus on FullTilt, and even though I haven't played heaps on Stars I'm considering having a shot at at least qualifying for Silver status for January. Essentially I'm just a status whore, and assume that achieving this status will brighten my teeth, add 3-4 inches to my vertical leap, and make me nigh irresistible to the opposite sex. Has anyone run in any of the free-roll tournaments? What was the turnout/play like?

4) To finish ahead of Sir Waffle if we end up swapping 10% in any tournament. I am only 1 out of 4 or 5 in this, and let's face it, the odds of us playing another Razz tournament are probably not good. He is crushing me in O8 tourneys.

5) To maybe play Veneno heads-up. I am scared, but you must learn to face your fears, right? Right. *deep breath* Right, right. Yeah.

If I end up cashing large-ish in any tournament, or have a really good session on the cash tables, I may consider just buying into the 700k on Sunday. What do I have to lose, besides a chunk of my bankroll and my dignity and self-respect? And let's be honest, my dignity and self-respect fled the premises a long time ago.

UPDATE: Looking at PokerStars today I noticed that the buy-in for the Sunday 700k is actually $500 + 30, which explains the 10% satellites being $53 + 5. This pretty much rules out me buying in directly, though I may still play a satellite.

4 Comments:

  • I've played in the Silver freerolls. Basically, about 2/3 of the people don't show up. The other 1/3 of the people will play like the first hour of a rebuy tourney. Not too much thought should go into these. Of course, I have never made it past the first hour, so what do I know?

    By Blogger Wes, at 3:23 PM  

  • Thanks for the info. What about the teeth whitening and vertical leap improvement?

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 4:19 PM  

  • Good luck in the big one if you end up ponying up the dough.

    By Blogger Human Head, at 9:04 PM  

  • Oh yeah!!! Head's Up with Garth...Looking forward to it.

    By Blogger Veneno, at 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home