Monday, February 13, 2006

Touch of Poison

In preparation for DADIII, I knew I had to get my act together and plays some Heads Up matches. Basically the only time I play Heads Up is when I get to the final 2 in a large MTT, which has happened maybe 5 times in my life. So obviously I am looking down the barrel of inexperience, while holding the twig of hope and invoking the metaphor of despair.

Everyone who knows Veneno knows that she digs hot and heavy one on one action. She also enjoys playing Heads Up. Her duels with other Poker luminaries are famous, while her ability to duck paying off her debts is legendary. And I had been marked as a target.

This weekend I finally bit the bullet and played her. It was a to and fro afair, during which I grabbed an early advantage but had been pegged back when the pivotal hand occurred. I had cunningly flopped TPTK, and there was a bit of money in the pot when I pushed on the turn. There was a dramatic pause, and it was clear that a) Veneno was not happy with my move, and b) she knew that she was behind. And that's when she called her shot. Flipping over her open ended straight draw she whispered words that haunt me still...

"Poison coming."

*POW*

And that's how I lost my first Heads Up match with Veneno. How was your weekend?

4 Comments:

  • I think I've missed every draw against V heads up.

    By Blogger DP, at 6:54 AM  

  • After going all in with every draw, and getting called every time.

    By Blogger DP, at 6:57 AM  

  • There's a reason she isn't called "Poker Sugar"...

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 11:45 AM  

  • What is this hot and heavy stuff?

    Okay, I need to bake I know, I know...

    As for our match, I was completely satisfied.

    By Blogger Veneno, at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home