Tuesday, March 14, 2006

DADI Doesn't Love Me Anymore

To tell you the truth, I don't think DADI ever loved me in the first place. Last night was the Short-handed spectacular, TripJax performing deeds best left unspoken to ensure we could battle it out with 6 to a table. Those of you who know me are aware I am most comfortable with a full table, the more the merrier. 9 or 10 people to a table lets me sit back, play my game, pick my spots, and not get too crazy.

Obivously with 6 to a table I was not going to get my wish. Not only that, but on my starting table there was one empty seat, and one person sitting out. Even worse than that, the person sitting out was Fluxer, pretty much the one person I did NOT want at my short-handed table.

We jousted early, but I was never able to make much headway. I believe my high water mark was about 1850 chips - not exactly earth-shattering considering you start off with 1500. Flux did manage to make it back before getting blinded down too much, but was not long for the tournament. My game didn't seem to take too long either, and I was out in the middle of the pack when my pocket 7s ran into those freaking Queens.

My hatred for Queens is approaching SoxLover-like levels.

Congrats to Ingoal in particular for cracking the final table and cashing. I think this might have been his first cash in a Blogger event.

I'm hoping that I get my act together and do some damage in tonight's WWDN. The tournament I really have my eye on, however, is the Sunday night WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament. This is where we all chip in $30 and battle it out to send one of our brethren to a $1500 event in this year's WSOP. The event is being held on Paradise Poker, a site we don't normally play to allow those people with contractual obligations to certain Poker sites a chance to play.

I have never had Paradise installed on my machine, let alone a real money account opened, so I did that all last night and registered for the tournament. I played about an hour on a $50 NL - the software was quite nice - the chat is cool as it pops up on the table in front of the speaker, and I enjoyed being able to order drinks to set next to my chair (yes, I realise I am a lame individual). I'm going to mess around on there for a few more days and see how I go. I did note that it looks like their tables seat 10, which makes me happy.

If a Master Procrastinator like myself can get suitably motivated to install, register and deposit to a new poker site, you can too! Early registration would be fantastic to ensure we get as many people in as possible. I'm assuming if we break 110 that we would be able to send two people to the Big Dance. Which would be awesome.

All the details regarding the WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament can be found at Iggy's:

WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament
March 19th - Sunday
9pm EST
Paradise Poker
$30 NL
password: email Iggy (you can get his email address from his blog)

1 Comments:

  • DADI loves you...he never stopped loving you...it's just that ever since he's been seeing that short floozie he hasn't been the same. Don't worry, DADI loves you and will be there for you always.

    Love,
    DADI

    By Blogger TripJax, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home