Thursday, March 02, 2006

Go Sparty!

(Brief non-pokery goodness, then brief pokery goodness). My prediction for tonight's MSU vs Wisconsin game tonight:


This is false bravado - as usual, MSU are being consistently inconsistent and giving me the heebie-jeebies as the regular season winds down. Though I had the same feeling last year and we made it to the Final Four. Not that I expect that to happen this year, I'm just sayin'.

(And yes, that's me - I removed my head so as not to alarm those of you with weak stomachs. Yuengling is my favourite American beer, in case you were wondering.)

I am meant to be watching tonight's game somewhere with my ex and her current boyfriend. Not sure where, maybe at their place. This also decreases the chance of any pokeration this evening, especially since I have stayed up a wee bit too late the last couple of nights, drinking and gambling. Last night I really should have pulled the plug when Waffles stood up from the table, but Mookie sat down and I felt like a douche if I got up. Of course I could have shut down the other table, but that's too logical. I then proceeded to continue sitting at the tables even after I would not have felt like a douche if I got up. This turned out to be a $70 mistake. Whups! So let's see... I made at least three errors there. At least I'm aware of them, and will make efforts to not be so jerky next time. I should also add that the big win the previous day takes the edge off, but even so, loser move.

There shall be corrections made.

In "small sample size amusement" PokerTracker reveals that my losingest hand in cash NLHE is A-Ks. And that my second winningest hand is 5-5. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! (K-K is my winningest so far, in case you were wondering). I'm looking forward to running up a large whack of data so I can actually do some real number crunching. Yes, I'm a big nerd.

6 Comments:

  • What does it mean when Poker Tracker says: EVERY, under the most losing hand column?

    By Blogger SirFWALGMan, at 11:49 AM  

  • It means you have been looking at my data, you bastard!

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 12:03 PM  

  • Thanks for coming out to play last night. Sorry about sitting last night on FT. I feel bad about you losing when you were ready to call it a night. You wouldn't have been a douche leaving.

    Btw, I work with a couple people who went to "State". You people are everywhere.

    Later...mookie

    http://mookie99.bigopokerroom.com

    By Blogger mookie99, at 12:05 PM  

  • Well, let's be clear. Was it "Garthmeister doesn't want to get up because he doesn't want to feel like a douche?" or was it "Hey, I probably should crash, but here's another reason to keep playing!" I think there is an obvious answer there.

    Not to mention if I was going to call it a night why not shut down the bigger cash table I was playing and just keep our table open, so I can properly trash talk the table etc?

    I think we all know the answer to that one.

    Oh, and just to be clear, I didn't go to State - it's my adopted team. I had no affiliation when I arrived in the country, but the aforemention ex was interning here from MSU, so I signed up.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 12:09 PM  

  • That's cool...I enjoyed playing with you guys, err, I enjoyed playing poker at the same table with you guys.

    By Blogger mookie99, at 12:14 PM  

  • Keep watching, you may see the rivered count increment; I haven't won anything in weeks, and I don't see it getting better.

    By Blogger Weak Player, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home