Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Streak is Over!

Yes, sports fans, I finally took down another Heads Up confrontation, this time at the end of a 30+3 2 table SnG. This brings my record to a stellar 2-6 the last 8 times I have found myself heads up. It was also nice to take down a SnG.

After a brief break I jumped into a 11+1 45 person turbo SnG on Stars with a bunch of bloggers. While that was going on I also joined Mookie's tournament. I was doing well on Stars, though I almost instantly got kicked in the junk in Mookie's tournament, when someone rivered a straight (the junk-kicker claimed later he didn't mean to call my big raise on the turn). I fought my way back... only to be kicked in the junk again with another rivered straight. And that was that.

Almost immediately afterwards I bubbled in the 45 SnG, trying to steal a pot with one limper from the SB. The BB had a pocket pair, no help came for my weak Ace (I actually had 7 outs on the flop, and 11 on the turn) and I lose. Of course I managed to suck out on someone before to make it that far, so I was essentially free-rolling.

But no matter! I choose to bask in my SnG victory for now. I feel I am playing good poker at the moment, and I hope it continues.

3 Comments:

  • Nice job in the SNG...thanks for coming out to play even though it was a junk kicking fest.

    By Blogger mookie99, at 12:45 AM  

  • Nice! Congrats.

    Does this mean you wanna try to take on the Poison again?

    By Blogger Veneno, at 2:26 AM  

  • Yeah, we should put that puppy to bed, Veneno. We'll try and do it soonish.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home