Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mookie Misses and Fractured Fingers

Wednesday nights I have footy training, when I get to run around and do something very Australian on the National Mall. Quite surreal really... kick a ball, "hey there's the Capitol building", catch a ball, "hey there's the Washington Monument."

I was one of the people advocating training Wednesday nights, freeing up Tuesday nights for WWdN action. Mookie's tournament runs on Wednesday night, though at 10pm local time I can usually make it. Last night I happened to get home a few minutes late, and so I had the brilliant idea of pre-registering for the tournament - a great thought to have a day late. But I'll look at doing it for next week. If I remember.

______________________

Typing is a little strange for me today. I managed to break my right little finger (it seems) at footy training last night. Since I have a crazy typing style it's not so bad, though I do use it for hitting the enter key. Co-workers who have seen the finger keep asking if I am going to see someone for it - I don't see the point really. It's only the little finger, and it's kind of straight. I have some mobility with it, so it should be good. I just will probably tape it to my right ring finger during games.

______________________

I just noticed that the next WPBT-POY event is this Sunday... and it's 7 card Stud. Let me put it this way: I think I have more experience with Razz than I do with Stud. Looks like it's time to dip into Super System and play a few sessions as a warm up. Does anyone have any good resources or links to help me get up to speed quick-like?

5 Comments:

  • Oh god, as if your accent wasn't such a massive give away that you're an Aussie bloke, this post clinches it. "It's kind of straight"? Yeah, I know, no self respecting Australian male would ever go see a doctor for any football injury less serious than fatal wounding accompanied by geysers of gushing blood. And even then, he'd wait until the match is over!

    By Blogger Jules, at 4:22 PM  

  • Yea, we missed you in the tourney last night. Everyone was asking "Where is that Steve Irwin guy ? He must be at Outback."

    Rocco would have like you to be there to take the weekly kick to the junk instead of him.

    By Blogger mookie99, at 5:50 PM  

  • Also regarding the Stud tourney, if I can make it, I will breeze through the Supersystem II section on Stud and go read some of Felicia's past posts.

    By Blogger mookie99, at 5:51 PM  

  • Couldn't it cause problems if it heals completely wrong? I would get it checked out, but I'm paranoid with those type of things.

    By Blogger DP, at 8:57 PM  

  • You wouldn't have wanted to get the kick to the junk that I dished out. I think Rocco is still unconscious.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home