Sunday, April 09, 2006

Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

After 102 hands I finally managed to win a Heads Up match against Veneno. Prior to the match I had given her two warnings: 1) that I felt my HU play had improved, and 2) I was planning on doing my taxes today. OK, I wasn't that worried about the tax thing, but V figured that I would be ornery and harder to play.

I felt I played a really good game - I think every time I got all my chips in I was ahead (albeit only slightly a couple of times). It seemed that I had her all-in and behind 3 or 4 times, but she managed to dodge the axe each time - the best (or worst if you like) being when she cracked my Aces with a runner runner flush.

As you may have guessed with 102 hands there was still a lot of ebb and flow; I intially jumped out to a lead when my full house took Veneno down to 400 chips... but she fought back. After my Aces were cracked, I was down to 560... but I fought back.

After the way this match went, if I had gone down I think I would have been pretty discouraged. Either that or start willfully putting my chips in when I think I am behind, just to give myself a chance. OK, maybe not that bad, but you get my drift.

Following the epic HU battle I also played a couple of 45 SnGs for the challenge. Must have been my day, since I managed to bag 4th in one and get on the scoreboard. I was glad I moneyed, though I did feel like I should have won. The biggest hand I was involved in would have given me a massive chip lead with 6 left... but one suckout later and I was almost down to the felt. I fought my way back, but one more suckout and I was done.

____________________________

On a completely different, non-poker note, I would like to send out a big "Fuck You" to the people attending the fair/demonstration/gathering that was held down my street, who thought it would be a good idea to throw all their trash into my bin. I wouldn't mind so much if they stopped trying to put trash into it when it was full and overflowing. And throwing trash in the general vicinity of the bin isn't really effective. I really do not enjoy spending time on my Sunday afternoon cleaning up after morons who somehow failed Common Sense and Courtesy 101. Douchebags.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats again Garth! It was a great match. It's about time you took me down..lol

    Laters...

    By Blogger Veneno, at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home