Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Party Boy

Fresh off a weekend of drinking and violent sport, I have returned to the grind of being a Bonus Whore. Grind, grind, grind. Actually, I can't really call it a grind as I have been enjoying it, but I believe calling it "grinding" is in my contract somewhere. I have worked off most of my Party Poker 15% bonus, and I think the time spent on the cash tables has been a good use of time. I've made mis-steps, but I've also chopped out a few pots here and there.

Last night I had a lengthy session with Weak and SoxLover along for the ride. It was one of those evenings... Weak ran KK into AA three times, losing and losing large each time. The biggest hand I lost is when my opponent's boat filled up on the river and I paid him off. Later on we decided to hit a couple of SnGs as a change of pace, which seemed like a good idea right until SoxLover slow-played his AA into trouble on the second hand, reducing him to 20 chips. These remaining chips were put to good use when he was dealt AA the very next hand. I pulled the slow-play move with AA later on, but managed to get all my chips in pre-flop against KK. I'm not going to tell you the rest. I still thought it was pretty funny though.

A couple more sessions and my bonus will be worked off on Party, at which point I will have to decide where I want to spend time in the future. Work off the bonus on FT? Head back to the sanctuary of the 180 SnGs? Become a rodeo clown? The possibilities are endless.

6 Comments:

  • I vote rodeo clown.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 11:58 AM  

  • Definitely Rodeo Clown. With a monkey.

    By Blogger Falstaff, at 12:34 PM  

  • Hell, the rodeo clown sounds like the safest option. Especially with a monkey. Why not enter the monkey into a 180? Teach him how to click "raise" and you're in business!

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 12:47 PM  

  • Hoff, exactly how did you think I've done so well in the 180s so far?

    No, you can not borrow the monkey.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 12:49 PM  

  • Ha! Seriously Garth, have you ever considered making a run at the $50 x 90 person sng's on pokerstars? These are like the bastard stepchild to the 180 sngs that have done so well for stars for the last several months. I've seen Sox do well in them on more than one occasion, and there are certainly fewer people to grind your way through to get to the cash. And the payouts are a bit heftier than the 180 sngs to boot. I'd love to see someone with your track record break your way into those sngs as well.

    By Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo, at 3:34 PM  

  • Hoyazo - yeah, I have definitely considered having a crack at a few of those. I have only had a shot at one. The other thing I like about them is that the payout structure is flatter, which I like also. I have only played one of these, so I'll definitely be looking at it in the future.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home