Monday, September 25, 2006

Back in the Northern Hemisphere

Well, I'm back. Nothing like a 13 hour flight, followed by a 7 hour layover in LA, then a 5 hour flight to get you going. I landed in DC at 10pm, got home by 11pm, and was trying to crash at midnight... and was up at 7am to go to work.

I might be a little jet-lagged.

At lunchtime I had a misunderstanding with the cashier. My meal was $5.40, and I handed her 40 cents to make the correct change. We then performed a weird pantomime until I realised she was trying to tell me to give her the 5 dollar bill I was still holding in my other hand. Uh, yeah. And multi-tasking it more difficult than normal - I keep forgetting what the other things I am doing at the same time are.

Unfortunately I am the only person in my team at work this afternoon, which is preventing me from just throwing in the towel and heading for home. On the bright side, tomorrow should be better.

It looks and sounds like everyone had a blast at the Bash at the Boathouse, and I am sorry I missed it. I hope to catch up with all of you sooner rather than later!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home