Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Miscellania

It's my first crappy day in Sydney, wet and cold, so I am catching up on my emails and doing some reading. I also need to buy a long-sleeved shirt or something - I brought one with me, but I lent it to someone who I am not going to be seeing any time soon.

* * * * * *

On Monday, after finishing a great lunch, I was wandering past the Opera House when I ran into someone I didn't expect to see ever again: Elena, the close-sitting Russian from my flight from LA. Apparently her camera had run out of juice, so she got me to take some photos of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. It also got me into some of my own photos, which happens pretty rarely. After an impromptu shoot we had a couple of beers in Circular Quay, which is a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon. It did get a bit cold, so I gave her my long-sleeved shirt to wear.

Elena seemed pretty keen to meet up again in Sydney, but I did a bit of a dodge and avoided that, not to mention the fact that I was meeting up with friends for the next few days. It did mean that my shirt will be making the trip back to the US with her and not me, but I'm OK with that.

In case you are curious, here's a photo of Elena and the Bridge (I haven't put these photos up on Flickr with my other photos yet):

* * * * * *

You know you're a junkie when despite being on the other side of the world you dilligently fill out your picks for the first week of the NFL season and make bets on a few games. The one game I might actually watch (the season kick-off on Thursday night) I didn't even put money on. Sick.

* * * * * *

I have been meaning to keep up-to-date with this. Current tally of people I have seen wearing Yankees gear: 11.

1 Comments:

  • Niggling Groin Injuries gets my vote for best name at Pauly's Pub.

    Should I just give you your $50 now? Egad.

    By Blogger Joe Speaker, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home