Tuesday, September 26, 2006

So... Vegas

I have been remiss about posting about this, but it has been an atypical month or so. Ladies and gentlemen, I am heading to Vegas for the weekend of 10/6 - 10/9. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked.

Some of you might be aware that one of my other hobbies (besides drinking and poker) is playing Australian Rules Football. Yes, they play Australian Rules Football in the US, and they even let me have a go. The weekend after next is when the National tournament is being held, and I am representing my Baltimore Washington Eagles as we attempt to take home the trophy for the 2nd Division. For anyone who will be in or around Vegas that weekend (I'm looking at you, Don and Carmen) here's your chance to watch low-grade Aussie Rules! Apparently the games will be played at Star Nursery Field (East of UNLV's Sam Boyd Stadium), in case you were wondering. I will be behaving myself on Friday and Saturday night as we play games early on both Saturday and Sunday, but Sunday is the big night out.

If you are going to be around to take in a game or maybe catch up for a drink, drop me a line.

* * * * * * * *

After reading the posts floating around the internets I am suffering from a case of "I didn't get to the Bash" remorse. Unfortunately it didn't work out with me still returning from Oz - and even if I had been around I would have been attending another wedding in the UK.

Here's hoping I am able to attend next year.

3 Comments:

  • I'd like to go to the game - I'm a huge Baltimore fan (since I've lived there practically my whole life) and I'm definitely up for some drinks too. We have to hang out for sure!!!!

    By Blogger CarmenSinCity, at 4:02 PM  

  • BOOOO

    By Blogger Maigrey, at 8:39 PM  

  • Tough one. I'm supposed to go to a wedding on the 8th (as Arm Candy, of course), but I could certainly get to Vegas on the evening of the 6th and come home early on Sunday. And I'd probably do that IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE UP TIL 4 A.M. WITH ME RIDICULING TOURISTS.

    Alas...

    I played a soccer tournament in Vegas back in Jan. 05 and altered my typical Sin City behavior not one iota. 'Cause that's how I roll. We got two draws out of four games, as most of my teammates followed my lead. :)

    By Blogger Joe Speaker, at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home