Friday, September 01, 2006

Some Quick Thoughts From Home

I managed to stay upright and drinking until 3am - not a bad effort considering jet lag and lack of sleep. My body then decided it was time to get up at 10am, though I managed to convince it to wait another 45 minutes. I have the feeling I am going to pay for it later.

There are a couple of things that I have really noticed in the day-and-a-half that I have been here. First of all (and I realise this sounds ridiculous) I am amazed at the Aussieness of presenters on radio and TV. It made me realise how I have removed so much of the Australian vernacular from my everyday speech. Second of all - the Americanisation of Australia continues. Starbucks are everywhere, but they were here before I left. But Krispy Kreme? That's a new one. I also have a new game: count the number of people wearing Yankees caps. Current count: 5. Insanity.

I've also managed to spend some time uploading photos to Flickr. You can check out the photos here. Here are a couple of photos from my trip so far:

The Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge from Embarkation Point. The Woolloomooloo Wharf is in the foreground.



You know you were thinking the same thing - you just didn't put up a sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home