Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Neteller Question...

As my current Internet Wallet, Firepay, has not only registered it's desire to dump US residents but figures it can also extra money out of them as they flee, I am looking to find another provider. The clear choice seems to be Neteller.

"But Garthmeister J.," I hear you ask, "why weren't you with Neteller in the first place?"

Good question. I actually tried to use them when I first wanted to test the online waters, but I was rejected. Why? Because the phone number I had given (with a Virginian area code) did not match the address I had given (which had a DC zip code). Firepay had no such restriction.

Does anyone know if this pre-requisite is still required for Neteller? If push comes to shove I can always get myself a pre-paid phone to solve this dilemma, but if I don't require it I'll just sign up with the phone I have. Any help/advice/abuse would be most welcome.

2 Comments:

  • I've had relatively good results dealing with Neteller representatives over the phone (they'd locked my account when I started moving money around while overseas, which I can understand).

    Of course, as always, your mileage may vary.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

  • Get someone on the phone. They had to verify my info when I first registered. Im sure this is a common enough problem.

    IG

    By Blogger Irongirl01, at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home