Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Running Well

I am probably going to jinx myself by saying this (hmm, did my reverse-jinx work?), but I am currently doing well at the tables. I am playing almost exclusively Triple Draw at the moment, with a few big MTTs mixed in (and maybe some random stupidity to boot), and that is treating me alright. I have been playing a mix of 2/4, 3/6 and 5/10 Triple Draw on Stars. Lately I have taken to a new strategy of table selection. I open up Stars and check the tables that are running. If none look juicy, I put my laptop nearby and play my Playstation. If I notice a good table I either jump on or get in line - if I am in line I keep playing Playstation until I get on the table. If the table no longer looks good when I get on it, I just stand up. If I am playing on the table for a while, and the table no longer looks good, I get up.

Using this method over the last few days I played two "sessions" like this on Friday and Monday night, both extremely profitable. On the other hand, I played a conventional marathon session on Saturday (while keeping an eye on the NFL games), and I suffered a reasonable loss. I guess that speaks for itself, no?

I'm glad it's only taken me this long to embrace table selection in Triple Draw...

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the Ashes, you Aussie c**t! :)

    (reference the Sports bar in the IP)

    Irish Jim

    By Blogger TrueDub, at 12:07 PM  

  • I take it you have a lot of notes on players.

    By Blogger StB, at 12:32 PM  

  • Jim: thanks, you Irish prick!

    StB: yeah, I try and keep notes on who seems decent, and who seems like a fish... which is one of the things playing marathon sessions is good for.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 12:41 PM  

  • As I hope that I've managed to stay out of the fishy section of your notes (at the very least, by generally avoiding your table), do you get the impression the action is already starting to dry up a bit?

    Seems like a lot of the "fishier" players (I hate that phrase) are moving down in stakes without really being replaced at 5/10 (or even 3/6 - which seems to be tougher than the next few levels up). And the 10/20 game is basically dead now. I guess the moral is to enjoy what's there while it lasts.

    (As for the strongest players, have you been at one of the 5/10 tables when Tom McEvoy takes a stab at it? It's a sight to behold.)

    By Blogger Alceste, at 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home