Thursday, January 18, 2007

What? A Year Already?

A few posts ago I mentioned my blog's pseudo-birthday, which I referred to as the anniversary of my first post, though it was just a placeholder. It somehow seems appropriate that on the morning of the real anniversary of my first real post I am extremely hungover as a result of drinking with one of my Imaginary Internet Friends who I met through this thing.

It also seems appropriate that I managed to get the anniversary of my first real post wrong. It was actually a week ago. Yay me!

I'm not going to get too schmaltzy here, but nonetheless it has been a pretty crazy year since I finally completed the move from lurker to commenter to blogger. The trips to Vegas, AC, and home games, the development of my poker game (such that it is), the continued enablement of my alcoholism.... all these things have come from the fact there happen to be a lot of very cool people on the ebays.

Who knows where it will go from here? I know some people might be worried about what the future holds for our little "community" - and again, the timing of the Neteller announcement also seems appropriate - but I have never got too worked up about it. Though it's true that the vast majority of us have met each other because of poker, that's not the be all and end all of it. I used to play poker with people who I was friendly with; I now have friends who I occasionally play poker with. Removing the poker isn't going to remove the friendships.

Fuck - I said I wasn't going to get schmalzy. I better go check-raise someone, pronto.

4 Comments:

  • Ahhhhh... big hug Garthski!
    Get with Speaker to get b-day details! You are invited!

    By Blogger Betty Underground, at 2:18 PM  

  • So how exactly do I get a credit card issued by an Australian Bank?

    By Blogger Chilly, at 5:55 PM  

  • Well, I am single... In all seriousness though, apparently dealing with Aussie banks in this area is akin to stabbing yourself in the temple.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 6:08 PM  

  • So gay...

    By Blogger Huge Junk, at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home