Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Dream is Over

It was too good to last. After going 38 from 38, my bracket inexplicably had BOTH Indiana and Michigan State progressing. The latter seemed so unlikely I hadn't even realised that I had picked it. I guess this was my "Complete Big Ten Homer Bracket."

Even so... it was a hell of a ride. Watching Ohio State, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt and Pittsburgh all win their insanely tight games was awesome. The Texas A&M game in particular was important, as in the Artist Formerly Known As The Perfect Bracket I have them losing to Kansas in the title game.

After the Aggies squeaked out a win I began openly telling everyone in the bar about my bracket, being forced to produce my piece of paper to convince everyone. Too much fun.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out after today - as I mentioned I have a few more unlikely picks, so my bracket may be well and truly sunk. But being in equal 1878th out of 3 million+ after the first three days ain't bad - and I'm still equal second in the Deadspin.com pool (though some guy has picked every second round game correctly - which does not bode well).

Too. Much. Fun.

... but I picked Michigan State? Really?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home