Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Musings for a Monday Evening

I finally got to see some cricket, watching Australia beat South Africa in the biggest match of the tournament so far. Extremely enjoyable, as was the Harp accompaniment.
_______________

There is a car parked outside my apartment that has the numberplate AA 5523. Every time I look at it I think: "looks like they have a good shot at the low, but the high is going to be dicey".
_______________

I just cracked open "Last Exit to Brooklyn" by Hubert Selby, which I picked up last time I was in New York. I got it from a bookstore near NYU, in the "Drinking, Screwing, Smoking" section (really). I've really been enjoying it thus far, and wonder what has taken me so long to get to it.

I still expect to be an emotional wreck by the end of it.
_______________

No man is an island, but I like to think of myself as a highly defended fortification. That has a moat. And the moat has alligators.
_______________

A friend (acquaintance?) of mine gave me a great hook: it's a good rule of thumb not to take your girlfriend to see a band tha has a lead singer who you think might have designs on your girl.

I probably should do something with that.
________________

I'm glad to see Spring is here. I really enjoy sitting out on the stoop, beer in hand and iPod engaged, watching the street wander by from within my cocoon.
________________

No need to worry, just the normal injections of weirdness into my life. Which makes sense, weird is practically my middle name.
________________

The Band fucking rocks.

5 Comments:

  • No worries. Lots of useful info, and I agree with your assessment of the car's plate...tough shot at a scoop, but stranger things have happened. And the alligators are wearing kevlar cups, right?

    By Blogger iamhoff, at 8:30 PM  

  • Garth fucking rocks. The Band...meh.

    By Blogger katitude, at 9:17 PM  

  • "looks like they have a good shot at the low, but the high is going to be dicey".

    aHAHAHAHAaa. This is a Positive Effect.

    By Blogger Maigrey, at 9:28 PM  

  • RAH!

    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/images/gatorht.gif

    By Blogger peacecorn, at 9:10 AM  

  • I have brand new porch that will see me and a Cap'n Coke with Pantera blasting in my ears sitting out on come Friday.

    By Blogger Drizztdj, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home