Wednesday, April 04, 2007

An Adventure in Scheduling

As part of my drive to get organised (woah... couldn't even write that without laughing out loud) I decided it come time for me to take a gander regarding booking for the WPBT event in June. As I was doing that I decided I should maybe see if there which WSOP events were candidates for a visit from Garthmeister J.; I have decided that I may as well see about throwing my hat into the ring for a $1500 or $2000 NLHE event (leaning towards the $2k).

Looking at the WSOP schedule, I realised there was a prime candidate: a $2k NLHE tournament kicking off on the Wednesday before the WPBT. Perfect!

Which was about the time I decided I better check my work schedule. Sweet, nothing on for that weekend. Now, what about footy?

Oh, crap.

Yes, it appears that the first inter-city match of the season takes place on that Saturday, neatly deep-sixing any chance of my appearance at the WPBT Summer Classic, let alone the WSOP event immediately preceding it. Dang.

Anyhoo, I've sent out feelers to determine if the footy date is set in stone. If it is, I am going to be forced to sit on the sidelines for this one, and take dial-a-shots from my couch.

I am still seriously considering jetting into Sin City for a WSOP event, however. There are two other 2k events that caught my eye; unfortunately the one on 6/30 does have a clash with work.

But Event 25, kicking off 6/15, looks like it could be a winner. So tell me, oh mighty Imaginary Internet Friends... does this date appeal to anyone else?

And if there is another event you think I might have overlooked, let me know...

3 Comments:

  • My attendance is also threatened by sporting events: AJ's t-ball game.

    I'm not joking.

    I could either a) scoot out to Vegas on Saturday afternoon following said tilt ffor at least a little face time with the masses or b) go the following weekend. I'd have to ramp up the bankroll to play the 2K event, but I can certainly be there regardless.

    My long-winded way of saying I may be up for going for the full Fri-Mon. the following weekend, instead of half of the WPBT weekend.

    By Blogger Joe Speaker, at 2:16 PM  

  • Cool. I'll have to jump on the girlie chat and see if there are others who could (potentially) be interested.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 2:23 PM  

  • I've been eyeing the 2k on 6/15 or the 1.5k on 6/16...haven't booked anything yet though...

    By Blogger penneriii, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home