Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

For one reason or another, it appears I'm continuing to talk about movies. Blame the migraine, or blame Ryan, but that's where we're at. Last night I decided to (continue to) take it easy, eschewing the poker once more for some movie viewing. As previously mentioned, I had actually viewed my current NetFlix offerings, and had managed to send two of them back to home base. This is a rare event. For those who were dubious about my claims to being the best/worst Netflix customer in the country, I present to you a screen shot of my Netflix queue that I took yesterday.

So, do you think I should go for the upgrade to 4 at-a-time?


That's correct - I have had a Netflix DVD for over 2 years. A DVD I have watched once, about 6 months ago. And which I just recently purchased because I came across it bundled with "Pi" (a movie I also love) for $10.

Awesome.

I should also mention that my self-proclaimed status as best/worst customer of Netflix is under fire from someone close to home; apparently All-Star was actually a paying member of Netflix for a year before he realised who they were. As the story goes, back before anyone knew what it was, All-Star signed up for a free trial of Netflix and promptly forgot about it, not noticing when the "you pay now" phase of the membership kicked in.

Please note that he has more than made up for this initial tardiness in the interim. But still: hilarious.

While examining my Netflix queue, I noticed that there was a new "Watch Now" option. I understand that while it is new to me, it may have actually been around for 18 months or so, but I was still intrigued. It appears for a small subset of Netflix offerings you can actually watch them instantly on your PC. Naturally, since I am such a high-churn user of Netflix, I had to try this out immediately.

After perusing the selection of movies, I settled on watching "Cool Hand Luke", a movie I have been meaning to watch for some time. Once I had finished watching the movie, the only thing I could think was: "Why the hell didn't someone make me watch this movie 15 years ago?!". Luke has immediately leapt into my Pantheon of Heroes, sharing some ground with another of my favourites, Yossarian (from Catch-22). Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the flick... and who knows, maybe I'll actually get around to watching a few more.

I have also set the line for "amount of time it will take a co-worker to tell me to stop saying 'What we have here is a failure to communicate'" at two days.

Take the under.

1 Comments:

  • I can eat 50 eggs.......


    How you haven't seen this one before is beyond me!!! haha Awesome, awesome, awesome flick.



    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand......

    By Blogger jjok, at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home