Monday, June 18, 2007

The Boys of Summer

What a wild and crazy time in Chicago. After such a weekend it's tough to be able to do it all justice, so I have resurrected the vaunted "bonus or bummer" scale to try and list some of the shenanigans that ensued. Also, I'm lazy.

- Making F-Train a prop-bet loser when he foolishly bet on the Bracelet to make an appearance before I did: BONUS- Fading most of F-Train's prop-bets for the rest of the weekend, ensuring a padded bankroll: BONUS
- Deciding not to drink water for most of Friday night, despite knowing I was dehydrated: BUMMER
- Having Iggy select me as a partner for pool and watching him decimate the table but still being able to sink the 8-ball for the win: BONUS
- Eating my body weight in meat products at Tango Sur: BONUS
- Attempting to sleep in the same room while Joe Speaker "fought the warthog": BUMMER
- Catching a game in the bleachers at Wrigley Field: BONUS
- Having my Aussie ID rejected when trying to purchase beer at the field: BUMMER
- Entertaining our section of the bleachers with my aggressive sunscreen application technique: BONUS
- Witnessing a highly entertaining benches clearing brawl: BONUS
- Having Zambrano have a no-hitter going into the 8th: BONUS
- Having the no-hitter broken up by a junk hit: BUMMER
- Watching the Cubbies go down by a score of 1-0, despite only having two hits against them: BUMMER
- Having Iggy egg on the Rooster to tip beer on some of us while we were waiting outside after the game: BUMMER
- Having Iggy scared for his life due to our response: BONUS
- Not being able to witness Joe Speaker walk into a pole: BUMMER
- Hearing about Hashman (friend of Daddy) having to puke out the window of the car on their way to Chicago: BONUS
- Hearing about Hashman (sans cellphone) going missing after the game (fortunately he was later found): BONUS
- Just about anything Hashman-related: BONUS
- Stacking F-Train with my mind: BONUS
- Watching Grubby and the Rooster talk smack during hands: BONUS
- Being the big winner during the blogger cash games: BONUS
- Deep dish pizza: BONUS
- Hitting 860 on the Boxer machine at the bar Saturday night, good for 3rd best at the time: BONUS
- Watching Daddy and then the Rooster best my score of 860: BUMMER
- Watching the Rooster draw on his inner demons after he stripped down to his undershirt to properly attack the Boxer machine: BONUS
- Losing $20 on prop-bets revolving around the Boxer machine: BUMMER
- Damaging my hand on the Boxer machine during all of this: BUMMER
- Watching Donkeypuncher hit 899: BONUS
- Having Joe Speaker put in isolation Saturday night so his warthog fighting wouldn't keep the rest of us awake: BONUS
- Coming back from an early morning bathroom run and seeing the Bracelet attempt to get Daddy to stop spooning him: BONUS
- Realising that if Daddy rolled over one more time he would land on me, followed by me being spooned: BUMMER
- Avoiding having to be in Daddy's non-airconditioned car while he and Hashman drove the 6+ hours home: BONUS
- Cruising around Grubby's neighbourhood with the Rooster: BONUS
- Having my flight back to DC delayed: BUMMER
- Being able to sleep in my own bed on Sunday night: BONUS
- Surviving work on Monday: BONUS

I could go on and on here. Can you tell I had fun? Many many thanks to Donkeypuncher for organising the trip, and running the risk of having 10 or so degenerates crash at his house for the weekend. Mrs Donkeypuncher cleverly fled the premises on Friday evening, leaving us to wallow in our own filth. As the Rooster said on Sunday morning: "It smells very manly downstairs". Thank you for letting us befoul your house Mrs DP!

Now all I need to detox for the next week or so, and I'll be right as rain.

6 Comments:

  • Thanks for the link-up!

    I totally forgot about the missing Hashman.

    By Blogger Donkeypuncher, at 7:04 PM  

  • What, drunk dialing Betty didn't even make the list? I am so breaking up with you!

    By Blogger Betty Underground, at 8:31 PM  

  • Hey, I called you that first, line stealer. ;-)

    By Blogger peacecorn, at 10:13 PM  

  • Betty, I think I called you at the height of drunkenness (I was consuming a 40 of Miller High Life at the time). As if you couldn't tell my state; with my accent you probably thought I was speaking in tongues.

    And Gracie... yeah, I saw you mention that line in a post and I decided to lift it. Caught red-handed.

    I am so ashamed.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 10:41 AM  

  • My body is still pissed off at me. I suppose it was worth it, though.

    By Blogger Joe Speaker, at 11:52 AM  

  • - Having Joe Speaker put in isolation Saturday night so his warthog fighting wouldn't keep the rest of us awake: BONUS

    Why do I get the feeling I won't be sleeping much in Vegas with Speaker as my roomie...

    By Blogger Drizztdj, at 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home