Friday, June 29, 2007

Touchdown in Vegas

Just a quick post: I made it to Vegas without too much hassle. I checked in to my hotel, and then immediately zipped over to the Rio. I was able to catch up with Pauly, Change100, and Spaceman, which was very cool.

I still hadn't quite decided which event I was going to play today, and so I caught some of the final table of the $50,000 HORSE. It looked like it might take some time to finish, so I ended up playing a $225 satellite. I can actually say that I have won the first hand of poker I ever played in the WSOP poker hangar (go JJ!). Unfortunately it wasn't enough, and I eventually busted when I ran TT into AA.

I then decided it was time to register, and after much toing and froing I eventually registered for Event #48... TRIPLE DRAW! I still have no idea how many runners they are going to get, but as of early this morning there were only 33 people in the event. I'm sure that will balloon today, especially as people bust out of the 2k event.

After registering I was about to leave to go back to my hotel, but when I was walking past the satellite area they had a couple of seats left in a $125 satellite. "What the hell, may as well," I said to myself, and bellied up. I sat down, and instantly accept a $50 last longer with two of my tablemates. Long story short, I ended up chopping the satellite, pocketing a $500 lammer, plus an extra $100 for winning the last longer.

Nice.

______________

Oh, I forgot to mention. I did manage to finish some business on the plane flight to Vegas. Yes, it's true.


I crawled over the finish line, but I made it!

______________

OK, better get myself together to attack the day. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • Good luck, man. Show those fools how the game is played.

    By Blogger Matt Silverthorn, at 4:15 PM  

  • Congrats on finishing the script..and I will be sweating you in the Triple Draw (you're going to do this sober? Are you serious?)

    By Blogger Jules, at 4:29 PM  

  • Good luck today!

    By Blogger mookie99, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home