Monday, November 26, 2007

The Finish Line is in sight...

Well, the Thanksgiving weekend is over. I was hoping to get to at least 35k in my quest to finish NaNoWriMo this year, but unfortunately only got to 34.5k. That leaves me needed just over 3k a day for the next 5 days... but I'm still fairly confident of getting. I'm hoping The Fear kicks in shortly, as the sound of that deadline approaching helps scare the bejesus out of me and gets me to the finish line.

On the poker front I had an up and down time. I ended up playing a few tournaments today, including a $10 KO tournament with Maigrey. I managed to pick up three bounties before busting; Maigrey clipped me, picking up 4, though she needed to get to the final table to catch and then pass me enroute to her 3rd place finish for $900+. Nice work! Naturally I credit my effort as an inspiration, and my railbirding as crucial to her success.

Since I felt fairly energetic I decided to jump into the Daily Double tournaments, and just busted in 21st in B. I sucked out a couple of times to get there, and got my money in good against two callers, but it wasn't to be.

Of course I am now caught up watching the end of Rocky II, a movie which I shamefully have never seen. So I'm stuck.

The rest of the weekend was fantastic, as I spent most of it with Saunter. On Thanksgiving Day we went out for a walk around some parks near my place in DC, and it looked like it was "peak" (which Saunter assures me means the leaves were perfect - I assume). I took a bunch of photos with my snazzy new camera, which I just got to replace my old one, which seemed to crap itself a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd post a couple here.

All in all, a wonderful weekend.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home