Thursday, November 08, 2007

Welcome to the Malaise

Let me start by saying "Friends don't let friends participate in 7am conference calls, and if they do, don't let them do it two days in a row". It makes for afternoons spent with a 1000 yard stare, hoping that the afternoon comes to a quick close so that one may escape to the safe(r) confines of home.

It's also contributed to my less-than-stellar NaNo output for this week, something that remarkably coincided with my previous post, where I proclaimed my cockiness. And where I also mentioned being snake-bit after proclaiming success. Thank goodness for NaNo Write-Ins (item 3 on my "Tips and Tricks" list), and for Saunter (item 4), which forced me to throw down some words last night, halting my period of writing inactivity.

In somewhat contradictory fashion, I did receive a dose of musical inspiration which may lead me to change my narrative's course quite markedly. Not that I really knew where it was going anyway, but I'm positive it wasn't going where it is now headed.

Now all I have to do is get there.

_______________

On the poker front I have been busy flying too close to the sun on the Triple Draw tables. My current roll on there is not really (and when I say "not really" I mean "not really, without a doubt") deep enough for that limit, but I continue to dabble. So far it's been net positive, but it has been a crazy roller-coaster. All it's going to take is one nightmare session to gut me. I should be spending my time grinding at 2/4 or so, slowly accumulating, with only the occasional shot at 5/10 when the tables look juicy. So let's see how I go about making that happen.

I did note that in a week (not every day, mind) of sporadic play at various limits on the TD tables that I have accumulated 1/8 of my total Stars Frequent Player Points for the year. Hilarious!

2 Comments:

  • The 7am conf call cannot be as bad as the late afternoon Friday call.

    By Blogger StB, at 2:39 PM  

  • What could there possibly be to talk about at 7 AM?

    Crusted over eyes?
    The missed bacon opportunity?
    Hungover, early morning dumps?

    Surely, one can't be expected to talk about things like "business" or "work".

    Silly go-getters with their grande latte enemas...

    Still, like StB said, at least it wasn't on a Friday afternoon--infinitely worse.

    By Blogger Human Head, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home