Thursday, April 10, 2008

Checking In, and Examining the "Waffles Event"

Work and life has been crazy, blah blah blah. I haven't played a hand of poker in over two weeks, and have started dreaming about it (a lot). If you are (un)lucky, I may even post about one. Nothing better than posting about poker dreams, I tells ya! Except maybe hand histories.

Anyhoo, I stole a couple of minutes to check-in and see what has been going on, and what do I see? Waffles wins the Mookie! Like many others, I found this to be a shock to the system, an example of the Old Order being turned on its head. What could this mean? Was someone playing the account for him? Did Waffles manage to pay off Full Tilt somehow? Was there *gasp* collusion?!

After stewing over this occurrence, I have come to what I believe to be the story behind this "Waffles Event": having given Waffles new life and self-belief, the Fates are conspiring to have him bust on the bubble in the TOC to a horrifying suckout (gutshot hitting on the river, or maybe even someone going perfect perfect), giving us the Greatest Waffles Outburst of All Times.

Think about it. You know it makes sense.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home