Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Cinco de Hoyo

As mentioned yesterday, I was able to indulge myself in the fine Mexican tradition of drinking Coronas, Dos Equis, and play Tiger Woods 08 on the Wii (strictly speaking I think the tradition is playing a golf game, or at least the Tiger Woods game available in the year of that particular Cinco de Mayo, but we're getting pedantic here). Alternating crushing drives and crushing bottles of beer, I was doing nicely. Sure I had to stoop to using lemon juice rather than actual lemons or limes to accent my beer, but I chose not to get hung up on such compromises. It was the spirit of the thing.

As 10pm approached I was prodded into jumping into the Hoy. I've been scarce in blogger tournaments, and indeed haven't been playing much poker at all. Between work and other concerns I just haven't had the psychic capital to devote to chips and cards. But hey, I was getting hammered on Mexican beer, with no intent of stopping. Why not a little hot and heavy 6-max action?

I was reasonably confident that between wandering back and forth between my couch and my fridge, pouring lemon juice into my beers, and keeping an eye on Hornets/Spurs, that I wouldn't do too much in the tournament. I was fortunate in the first hour to have someone slowplay Aces and allow me to catch a set on the turn, and then have them pay me off. After that I have basically no idea what I did, as I wasn't paying close enough attention, though I remember crippling Lucko at one point. Eventually I lost a couple of big coinflips, got lucky when in push and pray mode, and then went out after getting my money in way ahead, so I least I got that going for me, which is nice. I think I went out in 14th or something, which amusingly is pretty much where I tended to be going out when I was playing BBT3 events regularly. Nice to see I'm consistent!

After that I watched some more of the action, before deciding that it was time to pass out. I'm doubtful of my getting into many more BBT3 events before the whole shebang finishes up, and not sure how regularly I am going to be playing poker in the short term. Hopefully once I get a handle on my workload I'll find more time for cards. The jury is still out on going to Vegas for the Triple Draw WSOP event, I guess I'll have to decide on that sooner or later.

In the mean time, you'll find me on the (virtual) golf course. Sporting stupid sunglasses. But you knew that already.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home