Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fantasy Top Chef

I am uniformly sucktastic at keeping up with television shows. I never watched the Sopranos (I think I saw maybe 15 minutes in total), have never watched more than a few minutes of Deadwood, and have seen one clip of The Wire on Youtube. All-Star once tried to get me hooked on Battlestar Galactica by lending me the first season DVDs... and I made it through three episodes before never picking them up again.

At the moment there is exactly one show that is appointment television for me: Top Chef. Oh sure, the other big TV commitment for me right now is the NFL (have I mentioned how awesome the NFL Network's Red Zone channel is? Because it is very awesome), but I'm not going to be too upset if I can't watch a particular game or even miss a Sunday. After all, I can keep up with the games and with my different fantasy teams via my iPhone if I feel the urge.

Watching Top Chef last night, Daddy and I were discussing the strengths of the various contestants, and arguing who we thought was going to kill (or not) with the judges. Good fun, while admiring how someone is able to tackle the concept of "deconstructing caesar salad".

While rehashing the episode today, we came up with an idea that will no doubt sweep the nation. Fantasy Top Chef. The rules we came up with is as follows:

Win Quick Fire: +3 points
Place in Quick Fire: +1 point
Bottom in Quick Fire: -0.5 points
Win Elimination Challenge: +6 points
Place in Elimination Challenge: +2 points
Bottom in Elimination Challenge: -1 point
4th place overall: 10 points
3rd place overall: 20 points
2nd place overall: 35 points
1st place overall: 50 points

A draft date has been tentatively set for Monday, with Daddy, Saunter and myself to participate. Stakes to be determined. I'm excited. And salivating.

3 Comments:

  • I'm assuming that the first overall pick will be Bryan Voltaggio, right?

    By Blogger BWoP, at 7:03 PM  

  • Well, I don't want to tip my hand regarding my drafting strategy. It's going to be interesting how it all shakes out, but we all agree that drafting third is the value position in the draft.

    By Blogger Garthmeister J., at 9:23 AM  

  • Bryan or Kevin.

    By Blogger Joe Speaker, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home